Saturday, March 17, 2012

Couch to 5K

I've decided - since I've done horribly at exercising and motivating myself and my only motivation is to run one mile in under 15 minutes that I'm going to be starting the Cough to 5k program. It has free podcasts you listen to each week that will, at the end of 9 (I think?) weeks you will be able to run a 5k straight through. So each week is broken down into intervals of walking and running until you are able to just run completely. I feel like having that goal will motivate me unlike just running around aimlessly with no end in sight except to lose weight. I am hoping this will motivate me and who knows, maybe my ultimate goal will be to run a 5k for real instead of to lose 20 pounds. I feel like that seems more ... logical? We will see. I'm starting this program Monday when I go back to school since I'll have a treadmill. It's getting really hot again in Florida so I don't really want to run outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment