Saturday, October 27, 2012

Slumps (and books I plan to read SOON)

The worst part of being back in the school year is that I essentially have no time to myself. I always get in a bit of a slump in the middle of the semester because the work load picks up and I get overwhelmed. This past week was my first week with my new puppy and my midterm exam week and I had hardly any time to devote to studying. I'm also still in the midst of applying to graduate programs and getting all that garbage in order. WHEN IS IT CHRISTMAS BREAK? I'm so ready for this semester to be done and over and for the holidays to be here!

 Also, I haven't been able to read a book since August which is depressing me more than it probably should. I have a list of books I need to read ASAP and here they are (let me know if anyone has any more recommendations or has read these books I listed):


  1. Dark Places - Gillian Flynn (I just bought this book and I'm so tempted to start reading it but I know if I do I won't concentrate on my school work)
  2. Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn
  3. Gone Girl  - Gillian Flynn (Many people have been raving about this book so it's on my christmas list .. I feel like all of her books sound right up my alley. I love creepy psychological thrillers).
  4. The End of Your Life Book Club - Will Schwalbe (Saw this on goodreads and it looked like it would make me cry which is always good!
  5. My Name is Memory - Ann Brashares
  6. The Art of Hearing Heartbeats - Jan Philipp Sendker
  7. Have a Little Faith - Mitch Albom (Love everything by Mitch Albom!)
  8. The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls (I've been wanting to read this forever and still have yet to pick it up)
  9. Unwind - Neal Shusterman
Find me on goodreads to see what else I have read/will be reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment