Monday, February 27, 2012

Health and Working Out in College

It is very hard for me to eat healthy and make healthy foods when I am constantly on the go and just want to grab a bag of chips or cookies to snack on during the day. Also, I'm on an extremely tight budget (maybe $200 for a MONTH of groceries or more) so it's not that easy to buy all fruits and vegetables when they are way more expensive and gone super quickly. I also have a pretty long standing addiction with sugar and salt. Put me infront of a bag of goldfish or a can of pringles and it'll be gone in an hour, tops. I always say I'm going to start being healthy but then it gets harder and harder and my craving for not so great food kicks in and I'm done. I also have a lot of trouble with healthy lunches (I get sick of lunchmeat really quickly) so I usually just bring chips or something else not so great. Any advice for that would be fantastic!

So yes, I am on a very strict budget yet I'm also trying to lose weight (I'd say my goal is about 20 pounds by summer). I don't like working out but I've slowly began walking/jogging at night when I can and doing daily 5-10 minute work outs from an app on my phone (don't hate, they actually do work!) It's just hard for me to find the motivation to get up and start the work out when I'd rather lay down and read or watch something on the computer.

I'm going to be doing a weekly weigh-in on this blog every Monday. I HATE weighing myself but I feel like if I actually keep it up every week and put my mind to it and know I have to write my weight for the world to see it might actually help me stay motivated to actually lose a pound or two a week.

Currently, I weigh 162.4. My short term goal weight is 150 and my long term goal weight is anywhere between 140 and 145. Keep in mind I'm 5'8" so I'm still in a healthy BMI for my height/weight ratio. But for my own sake I know I could slim down and definitely tone up. Next week I hope to at least be down by a pound. I'm going to write down what I'm eating every day and cut back on the bad stuff tremendously. Today after I get home from my research assistant position (which I'm actually going to make a post about later) I'm going to do a 10 minute cardio work out, and then a 5 minute leg and a 5 minute butt work out. HOLD ME TO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment