Saturday, March 3, 2012

Busy Life

I meant to post on here at least once a day if I was able to but it's been 4 days and I have just now gotten around to it. My weeks at school are always insanely busy. I barely have anytime to myself to just sit and relax. I'm either out at school, work, research labs, or home attempting my piles and piles of homework. I cannot wait to be out of school (I know, I know, I'll wish to be back someday but I will not miss the incredible amounts of work). So just for any curious readers, here is my weekly schedule:

  • Monday: Wake up at home and pack my stuff, drive back to school around 12:30 to go to my third research assistant position training. At this lab I'm learning to read and interpret and code facial expressions for an experiment being done in Hungary. It's really interesting just time consuming and annoying at times because it's a bit difficult. After that I sometimes go to the lab meeting where we discuss journal articles and other stuff. I go home after that and make dinner and do as much homework as I can for the week ahead of time.
  • Tuesday: Wake up at 9 (which is okay because I normally go to sleep before 11, aahha), get ready, go to both of my classes from 11 to 1:45 and then immediately go right to work. I'm scheduled to work until 7:30 but I don't normally stay that long unless we have an assessment. Either way it's about 15 minutes away on a major interstate which always makes me nervous. After work I go home and again, make dinner or sometimes go out, then do homework again until it's time to pass out. By the way, my job would be my second research assistant position but luckily I get paid for it.
  • Wednesday: Wake up at 8 and work from 10 to 3 then go right back to school for my first research assistant position where I normally just sit around and either do nothing or homework for three hours. Then I go home and feel relieved because the extremely busy two days of my week are finally done.
  • Thursday: Wake up at 9 and get ready for both of my classes. After class I go right to my first research position again and hang out there for about an hour and a half. Then I go home and do all my homework for my Friday class since I procrastinate for that until the last possible moment. My mister normally goes home on Thursday's so I'm all by myself for the evening and for dinner. So I sit around and eat leftovers and catch up on television shows he hates to watch. 
  • Friday: I get up at 7:30 and pack up all my stuff to go home for the weekend. I then go to my 9 a.m class and sit there for three hours listening to people argue about who has the right or wrong opinions. Then I go to my third research position to do my "homework" for training as fast as possible and then drive the hour back home. 
I literally live for the moment on Friday when I know I get to go home and lay around for two whole days until the whole crazy week starts again. Luckily this week coming up is my last week until Spring Break so I hope it goes by really fast because I have so much reading to catch up on during Spring Break and I CANNOT wait.


And here's a picture of me and my beautiful cat, Stanley, for everyone to enjoy! See you Monday for the weigh-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment