Monday, April 16, 2012

How I'm Feeling Right Now #2

Last week I felt like this. This week I feel a bit stressed but I've tried really hard all weekend to relax so as of right now it is working. I had a pretty bad week last week. Just a lot of stupid drama in one of my research labs and I am dreading going in this week. I'm trying to come to a decision on whether to quit or not. It's way more trouble than it's worth but I've already been there a year and I feel like if I quit not it'll be such a waste to not get that letter of recommendation. Although I have no idea if it'd even be any good. The girl who writes them doesn't seem to like me much. I could just put up with it through the summer and ask for the letter right away in fall and then bail as soon as I have it. It is just the most annoying part of my week and again, I have yet to determine if it's worth the added stress.

Also work is always overwhelming. I literally feel my heart drop every time I get an email because I know it's from work giving me one more thing to do and fix. I get it, I'm the research assistant so all the grunt work and trivial tasks fall to me but I hate getting in trouble because other people make mistakes. I've only been there for around 6 months so I still don't know when data are missing and last week I got "scolded" for having missing data and not being on top of everything. But I am getting paid so I'm not going to complain too much.

This week is a lot better than a few weeks ago when that last post was written. Maybe because I can see the end in sight (two mores weeks and then exam week and I'm OUT OF HERE!) and I'd rather drive up here two days in the summer than live up here like I did this past year because my house makes me feel better about the world. Let's just hope the next three weeks fly by. I get to go home Thursday this week instead of Friday because I don't have a quiz in class on Friday so I'm being a very very bad student and skipping. DO NOT follow my lead.

Here's a picture of me, bored with a hair beard and no make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment