Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recent Reads

I read like it's going out of style. I read like if I don't finish twenty five books in one day I'll never be able to. I've always been obsessed with reading. I love anything and everything, I couldn't just pick one genre. Although I suppose mostly I'm a fan of fiction and chicklit, I do love a good murder/mystery/suspense/true crime book. Again, I'LL READ ANYTHING. It's truly the one thing I find  most enjoyable on this Earth. So I'm going to be doing a Recent Reads post once a week. Since it's almost officially summer break I'll be reading a lot more. I guarantee I'll have at least one new book to review each week, if not more. Plus I've read so many I can review old ones as well. So today I'll be reviewing the last three books I've read and letting you know the current book I'm indulging in!

By the way, just an interesting little fact I want to share. Did you guys know the children who have father's who read a lot and enjoy reading are more likely to read themselves? This rings true for me, my dad and I read constantly.

(via)


Currently I'm reading the second book in the Fifty Shades Trilogy, "Fifty Shades Darker."So far it's really good, it has more of a plot than the first book (which was amazing anyway!).

These are the last three books I have read:

Fifty Shades of Grey: Amazing. It's definitely racy and I felt kind of embarrassed buying it at Target with it's 'mature audience' sticker but it was really good. I loved the romance and passion and couldn't put it down. There isn't an amazing plot, it's more of a cat and mouse sex book but it's definitely worth a read if you enjoy chicklit.

The Fault in Our Stars: I can't say enough wonderful things about everything John Green writes. He has a phenomenal way with words and all his books have resonated with me. This one was beautiful. Such a great story, amazing characters and plot line. I cried like a baby. Couldn't recommend this enough.

The Descendants: Again, great book. Not much of a plot line. I mean, there is one but it's not a "at the edge of your seat, what's going to happen" kind of book. But I enjoyed the characters and the story immensely. Now I just have to watch the movie!

That's all for this week! Let me know what you have been reading and if you have any recommendations. I have so many books on my "to-read" list, this summer. I want to buy them all because I love owning books and I always reread them, but they are just so pricey. So I will be indulging in the library for books I'm not sure if I'll love.

No comments:

Post a Comment