Saturday, March 31, 2012

"The Days are Long, but the Years are Short"

I've been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin for a few weeks now (usually it takes me a day or two to get through a book but being in school it takes me months, so sad) and it's really helping me to see and appreciate the things in my life. I just read her few pages on gratitude and how having gratitude eliminates envy for other people's life because you are grateful for your own. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and know that I am so lucky to have what I have. But it is really easy to look at someone else's life, which looks amazing from the outside, and wish I had that too. I've been experiencing this a lot lately because many people I went to high school with, even one of my close friends, are getting married and having babies. And while I'm so envious and wish I was in that position at the same time I'm like, "WAIT! SLOW DOWN! I'M NOT READY YET!" I tend to forget that I have a lot to be grateful for and I want to be selfish and have what everyone else has. I have high expectations. So as per Gretchen Rubin, I am going to start trying to think of a few things (3?) every day to be grateful for and try to write them on here. I'm not saying that I will write every day but every time I post I will include things I'm grateful for. Join me?



1. I know this is cliche but I am so grateful every single day for my mister. He is the single ray of happiness in my otherwise bleak and dismal days. He always is there to pick me up and encourage me and be by my side through anything. I really honestly lucked out with this guy. He does anything and everything for me without me even having to ask.


2. I literally have the best mom in the world. I know everyone thinks they do, but I do. I come home every weekend because I love to see her and hang out with her. She takes me shopping and never complains about buying me anything. I can tell her anything and she is just so cool. I hope she never moves away from me or I'll have to kidnap her and force her to live with me FOREVER.

Unfortunately I've been in a rut so that's about all I've been grateful for. I'm having some trouble with havin g and keeping close friends and it has kind of brought me down. Hence, this gratitude project!

No comments:

Post a Comment